Friday, August 14, 2009

Cyrus Weighs In: Health Care

Since I hurt my rib I've been thinking a lot about dying, and therefore doctors, and therefore paying for them--and lo and behold Sammy says there's a bit of debate going on about how to pay for doctors. I tried to inform myself as best I could on the different aspects of the debate, and this is what I've found out so far through my internet research.

1. Under our current health care system, if you go to an emergency room and tell them you have no insurance but need to be treated, you will be shot. (Note: Some have noted that the hospital will pretend to treat you, but while you're anesthetized your organs will be harvested for illegal immigrants.)

Cyrus weighs in: No way, Jose!

2. Government management of Medicare and Medicaid is so bad, that when a pregnant woman delivers a child in a hospital without insurance, 50% of the time that child is fed to hungry Jews who live under insurance buildings in New York.

Cyrus weighs in: No one should eat babies, no matter what your religious beliefs are!

3. In Switzerland where the government runs health care, old people are fed to cats.

Cyrus weighs in: Cats have been known to eat their elderly owners when they die!

4. rifleman6847 reports on a YouTube comment board that his friend was traveling in Canada when he sprained his ankle. Since Canada's health system is so overcrowded, and since he had applied ice and compression immediately, his friend didn't even bother going to the hospital.

Cyrus weighs in: Ice and compression help reduce swelling!

5. If the government runs health care they will put caps on how much our lives are worth, negotiate how much to pay doctors for procedures, and ration health care, all while foreign investors indirectly control the money available.

Cyrus weighs in: Madness!

6. The Sleep Center has Blue Cross Blue Shield, and although I am part time and am not allowed to have it, I do know that Blue Cross currently puts caps on how much our lives are worth, negotiates how much to pay doctors for procedures, and rations health care, all while foreign investors indirectly control the money available.

Cyrus weighs in: Lunacy!

7.
Comrade Obama didn't even want to come up with government health care until he got invited to Hugo Chavez's surprise birthday party where, when things were getting dull, they got out a Ouija board and contacted Stalin's ghost about what's the best way to bring back the Soviet Union.

Cyrus weighs in: I don't know who any of those people are, but Ouija boards are for entertainment purposes only!

8. If government runs health care poor people will have less retarded kids but more abortions!

Cyrus weighs in: When I get scared I pretend I'm a bird. Right now I'm a Ring-Billed Gull!